Valentine’s Day is for everyone
Valentine’s Day isn’t just for couples – everyone can celebrate!
It’s the perfect occasion to show love and affection to family and friends. It’s also a great opportunity to spend quality time with your older adult.
We’ve rounded up plenty of fantastic Valentine’s Day ideas they’ll love – 6 categories of activity suggestions and 4 thoughtful gift ideas.Advertisement
6 cheerful Valentine’s Day activities for seniors
1. Create a festive environment
Putting up decorations makes any holiday festive and more special.
Valentine’s Day is a great reason to make simple DIY decorations together – save money and do something fun at the same time!
Simple Valentine decoration ideas:
- Hearts everywhere – cut hearts out of colored paper and stick them up around the house.
- Faux stained glass window – cut hearts out of colored tissue paper and stick them up on a light-filled window. Overlapping them makes beautiful patterns too – like in this tutorial. Or, try this fun “stained glass” tutorial.
- Fun chain garland – cut pink and red colored paper into equal-sized strips. Make interlocking rings by pasting or stapling the ends together, then hang them around the house.
- Festive heart garland – this tutorial shows how to make a fun garland of colorful hearts
2. Celebrate with family and friends
Any holiday is a good reason to get together with family and friends.
Organize a casual potluck or even just an afternoon of coffee and tea. You could even ask people to bring…
This article was sourced from dailycaring.com.